Greetings, readers and fellow binge-enthusiasts! My name is Erica, and I’m your blogger extraordinaire on Thursdays. I enjoy a good binge in the many realms of my life: food, whether I’m cooking it or just cramming it in my pie hole; books, because I’m a teacher, lover, and consumer of the written word; and TV shows, which have far surpassed film lately in terms of quality, IMHO. In the past, I might have said beer and wine, but I currently have a bun in the oven, and I’m sure I’ll have plenty to binge on and blog about once she arrives. Anyhow, here are the ground rules for the ideal blissful binge:
- Every binge must be binge-worthy. Who wants to binge on kale when you can binge on Oreos? Kale is simply not in the spirit of making binges blissful, people.
- There is no such thing as moderation in a blissful binge. Nope. Never. Defeats the purpose. That dreaded M-word shouldn’t even be in your vocabulary on a binge day.
- A good binge requires sacrifice. So turn off your phone, call in sick to work, strap on a diaper, and commit to all seven seasons of The Walking Dead in one glorious sitting.
- Don’t be afraid to binge outside the box. We’ve all heard of binge-eating and binge-watching. Why not try binge-trampolining? Or binge-smiling at strangers?
- Last but not least, in order to achieve true bliss, you must binge with no regrets.
That’s all for now! Tune in next Thursday!